EAPA Symposium 2019
On 6 June 2019 the 11th EAPA Symposium will be held in Paris with a dinner in the evening before. Under the heading “The future of the asphalt industry” EAPA will inform the participants about the latest news of the asphalt sector concerning current and future topics. The Symposium provides an excellent opportunity for networking, information exchange and discussions; it will be held at La Maison des Travaux Publics, 3 rue de Berri, 75008 Paris, France, close to the Champs Elysées.
The target audience of the EAPA Symposium is EAPA members, members of EAPA members, asphalt & bitumen industry, road administration and academia.
Schedule and Programme
Wednesday, 5 June 2019
19.00 h. EAPA Symposium & Celebration Dinner for Egbert Beuving at La Maison des Travaux Publics, 3 Rue de Berri, 75008 Paris, France.
Thursday, 6 June 2019
8.00 Registration and welcome coffee in the exhibition area
9.00 Session 1 “Opening and Panel discussion”
Welcome by EAPA President John Kruse Larsen and Panel Discussion on topic “What does the future hold for asphalt roads in a changing mobility sector?” facilitated by Katrina Sichel with
- Fuensanta Martinez Sanz, Director Transport Policy, European Automobile Manufacturer’s Association (ACEA)
- Steve Phillips, Secretary General, Board of European Road Directors (CEDR)
- John Kruse Larsen, EAPA President
Coffee break and Exhibition
10.45 Session 2 “Digitalisation and Zero Emissions”
- The Digitalisation Project of CECE – Riccardo Viaggi, Secretary General, Committee for European Construction Equipment (CECE), Brussels, Belgium
- Pavement Information Modelling (PIM), a lifecycle process and performance information system for Dutch contractors – Frank Bijleveld, Strukton Civiel, The Netherlands
- A vision of a climate neutral infrastructure by 2045 in Sweden – Hakan Johannsen, Coordinator Climate Mitigation, Trafikverket Sweden
12.00 Session 3 “Celebration speech of Egbert Beuving”
- What did the asphalt industry achieve in 40 years and what is next? – Egbert Beuving, retired former Secretary General of EAPA until end of 2018
Lunch break and exhibition
13.45 Session 4 “Communication Session – Strengthen the communication on asphalt’s advantages”
- In this session, drawn upon their experience, the participants of the symposium will develop together communication outputs that are accessible and meaningful for all actors in the asphalt sector. Structured by the facilitator, participants will work in groups to design a number of communications tools that can be used to address different priority audiences via different channels (social media, events, media outreach, audio visual etc.) more effectively.
- EAPA Secretary General Carsten Karcher will give a short introduction.
Coffee break and Exhibition
15.15 Session 5 “Asphalt pavements and applications – today and tomorrow”
- The MURE project – Multiple Recycling of asphalt roads – Jean Eric Poirier, Scientific Director of R&D department COLAS SA, France
- EAPA Position on European Classification of Roads – Breixo Gomez-Meijide, Technical Director, EAPA
- Asphalt in Railway Tracks – Xavier Carbonneau, Colas, France
16:30 EAPA Awards Ceremony
16.50 Resumé of the day and Closing of Symposium
Some sponsorships and exhibition booths are still available. Please check the brochure below for your opportunities.